|testing the xv1000/1100 pressure
|Description submitted by smibroncos
Author grazingazer Date Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:01 pm Type Tech Article
Category Tech Tips
Comments [0 - Post your comments]
Views 320 [Rate Article]
1. Disconnect the intake tube and remove the pressure sensor from the ignition coil cover. Attach a hand held vacuum pump to the sensor and pump to about 10" of vacuum
2. If the sensor holds vacuum disconnect the pump and check that the pressure intake tube is clear of all obstructions before starting next step
3. Connect a 12 volt battery and voltmeter to the pressure sensor as shown in Figure 40. The output voltage should be 3 ± 0.03 volts.
4. If the pressure sensor failed the last test replace it with a new unit.
5. Install the pressure sensor by reversing the order in which it was removed and make sure the intake tube is attached securely to
the pressure sensor.